These little bites of yumminess are well-worth the time it takes to make them. Whether you are on a “Keto” or other low-carb diet or are just looking for a tasty stuffed mushroom recipe, look no further!
- 12 button sized mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 oz bacon
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Herb dé Province
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp
- Remove the cooked bacon from the skillet; set aside on a plate to cool
It is sometimes helpful to put a paper towel on the plate first. This will help soak up some of the grease. Also, do not discard all the bacon fat from the skillet. Leave about 2 tablespoons in the skillet as you will use this later to sauté your onions and mushroom stems.
- After the bacon is cooled, chop into small bits
- Remove the stems from the mushroom caps and chop [the stems] into small bits
- Add the chopped onions and stems into the heated skillet; add more bacon fat if needed. Sauté until the onions and mushroom stems are tender
- Grease an 8×8 (or smaller) baking dish and place the mushroom caps into it face down
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sautéd onion and mushroom mixture, Herb dé Province and the salt and pepper
- When thoroughly combined, add the mixture into the mushroom caps
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushroom are brown
- Serve and enjoy!