This Thai Tea is delicious and with one simple ingredient change, you can make it sugar-free, low-carb or keto-friendly. I made this for a tea-party recently and it was a huge hit!
- 4 cups water
- 4 organic black tea bags
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (for sugar free omit the sugar or change it to a low carb substitute like Agave Five)
- 2 anise stars
- 1 green cardamom pod, smashed
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup coconut milk creamer
- Add water, tea bags, anise stars, cardamom pod and cloves to a small pot
- Bring to a boil
- Add in the sugar stirring until dissolved
- Gently boil for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Allow the tea to steep for 30 minutes or more (you can steep up to two (2) hours)
The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai Tea tastes
- Allow to cool
- Remove the tea bags
- Spoon out the anise stars, cardamom pod and cloves
- If the tea is still warm, refrigerate it so it chills
(You can make this ahead of time and have the tea chilling in the fridge)
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in the tea; leave enough room to top it off with the coconut creamer
- For an 8 oz. glass, add about 2-3 tablespoons of creamer for a smooth flavor
Again, I made this recently for a tea-party and it was very well received. I think you will enjoy it as much as my party guests did.
Do you have a tea recipe? Be sure to let us know about it in the comments.